What are 3 effective study strategies?
Below are 10 highly effective study strategies that can be applied to any subject area.
- Dual coding (using words and pictures)
- Retrieval practice.
- Spaced practice.
- Pretend to be 4-years-old.
- The power of examples.
- Mix things up: a) Ideas and b) Location.
- Listen to (certain types of) music and/or create your own songs.
How are our brains like muscles?
New research shows that the brain is more like a muscle – it changes and gets stronger when you use it. Scientists have been able to show how the brain grows and gets stronger when you learn. Everyone knows that when you lift weights, your muscles get bigger and you get stronger.
How can I train my brain to read more?
How to retrain your brain to focus
- Try some basic concentration exercises.
- Start by reading small sections of a book each day.
- Bring a book with you to read during any downtime.
- Take notes!
- Use Freedom to set up a recurring block schedule.
How can I read an app faster?
10 Best Speed Reading Apps to read faster
- Spreeder: Speed Reading E-Reader and Trainer. ( iPhone, iPad )
- REaD EyE. ( iPhone, iPad )
- Readlax. ( Android, iOS )
- ReadMe! ( Android, iPhone, iPad )
- QuickReader – Speed Reading. ( iPhone, iPad )
- Focus – Speed Reading. ( iPhone, iPad )
- Outread: Speed Reading Trainer. ( iPhone, iPad )
- Acceleread Speed Reading Trainer.
How can I memorize and read faster?
Here is how to read faster and remember more.
- Turn Off the Monologue of Making Sounds.
- Scan for Those Important Words.
- Read First and Last Sentences of Paragraphs First.
- Relate New Information to Stuff You Already Know.
- Do Get Some Stuff in Writing.
How can I be smarter in school?
Six Steps to Smarter Studying
- Pay attention in class.
- Take good notes.
- Plan ahead for tests and projects.
- Break it down. (If you have a bunch of stuff to learn, break it into smaller chunks.)
- Ask for help if you get stuck.
- Get a good night’s sleep!
What is the most effective study method?
The best way to find the most effective study method for you is to test various tips, such as the ones listed below.
- Thwart the “Curve of Forgetting”
- Use Active Recall.
- Use the Leitner System.
- Take the Practice Tests.
- Make Connections.
- Try the Feynman Notebook Method.
- Take on the Role of Teacher.
- Think About Your Thinking.