How do you use furthermore in a sentence?
1) I don’t want to go there, furthermore, I have no time to do so. 2) He is lazy, and furthermore, he has no sense of responsibility. 3) I don’t like her because she is too tall and furthermore she smokes too much.
What can I say instead of furthermore?
Synonyms of furthermore
What can I say instead of first?
Synonyms & Antonyms of first
Is furthermore too formal?
Moreover and furthermore are essentially interchangeable synonyms. They’re formal substitutes for additionally, also, as well, in addition to, likewise, and too.
Can you use furthermore at the beginning of a paragraph?
Of course, you can also use link words and phrases in the middle of a paragraph to start a new sentence. However, make sure you don’t over-use words such as ‘furthermore’, ‘moreover’, ‘additionally’, ‘nonetheless’ and ‘similarly’ to start either new paragraphs or new sentences.
How do you use furthermore in an essay?
“Furthermore” is similar to “in addition.” Use “furthermore” to add more information in your sentence. It’s a little formal, but you can use it when speaking English. Sometimes, the second part of the sentence that follows “furthermore” contains information more pertinent (important) than the first part.
What is the last sentence in an essay called?
How do you relate two topics in an essay?
State the purpose of the paragraph clearly in the topic sentence. Make sure every subsequent sentence refers back to or reinforces the topic sentence. Avoid short, clipped sentences; use connecting words to build effective links. Use topic sentences and concluding sentences to build effective links between paragraphs.
How do you transition in an essay?
4 Ways to Improve Paragraph Transitions
- Transition Words. Transition words cue the reader to relationships between your ideas, especially for a change of ideas.
- Topic Sentences. At the beginning of each supporting paragraph, start with a topic sentence.
- Organization. The organization of your paper can also help boost the paragraph transitions.
How do you write with flow?
To create flow in your assignments, use the following rules.
- Sentence Variety. Create variety in your sentences by (1) varying the types of sentences you use, (2) varying the sentence length, and (3) varying the way a sentence begins.
- Parallelism. Use parallel sentence construction.
- Tying Ideas Together.
What are transition word examples?
|LOGICAL RELATIONSHIP||TRANSITIONAL EXPRESSION|
|Example||for example, for instance, namely, specifically, to illustrate|
|Emphasis||even, indeed, in fact, of course, truly|
|Place/Position||above, adjacent, below, beyond, here, in front, in back, nearby, there|
What is the second paragraph of an essay called?
What is an introduction paragraph? The second paragraph of your essay that introduces the main topic.
How do you use transition in a sentence?
1 The health-care system is in transition at the moment. 2 The transition from a totalitarian state to a free country will be long and slow. 3 He will remain head of state during the period of transition to democracy. 4 The transition to a multi-party democracy is proving to be difficult.
What is the first paragraph in an essay called?