Table of Contents
What is an orientation activity?
Student orientation or new student orientation (often encapsulated into an Orientation week, O-Week, Frosh Week, Welcome Week or Freshers’ Week) is a period before the start of an academic year at a university or tertiary institutions. A variety of events are held to orient and welcome new students during this period.
How do you engage students in orientation?
10 Tips to Conduct a Great Student Orientation Program
- Share an orientation agenda in advance.
- Communicate orientation expectations and benefits.
- Create a welcoming and energetic atmosphere.
- Conduct icebreaker activities.
- Promote engagement in college traditions to build community.
- Provide relevant campus resources.
How do you give a good orientation?
How do you conduct the orientation of a new employee?
- Give employees a tour of the building/workplace.
- Introduce them to key colleagues and supervisors/managers.
- Get them set up with the necessary equipment.
- Review their schedule.
- Review initial projects and expectations.
- Conduct a team-building exercise.
What are learning activities?
Learning activities, as the name suggests, are activities designed or deployed by the teacher to bring about, or create the conditions for learning. Some learning activities stimulate experiential learning, others mobilise conceptual thinking, while still others prompt students to engage in analytical discussion.
How do you do orientation?
What should a student orientation include?
What Should Be Included in a New Student Orientation?
- Explain the general objectives of the program of study.
- Recognize needed lifestyle changes for a full-time student.
- Demonstrate clocking in and out.
- Describe the various rules and policies implemented by the school.
What should I start my college orientation program with?
Start with the most important and beneficial information to share with all students and parents. This way, they’ll both share in the excitement of being a new student! A Peek at Campus Life – Start your program off with a skit performed by the student leaders to give students a glimpse into what they can expect to experience on campus.
What’s the purpose of virtual orientation for college?
Virtual orientation is the first week of remote college and university years, and the goal is to provide social activities and onboarding to students. Online orientation ideas are ways to welcome first year students to campus remotely. These online activities can help students adjust to the social and academic aspects of college life online.
How to share an orientation agenda in advance?
Share an orientation agenda in advance Provide the agenda in advance so that students can take time to familiarize themselves with orientation activities and campus events. Given that a majority of these students are digital natives, building a mobile-friendly orientation app might be more effective than paper or emailed agendas.
What to put in a welcome package for orientation?
To encourage strong attendance, you can include sundae making kits or vouchers for popular ice cream chains in your welcome packages. Once all participants join the video call, separate the crowd into breakout groups and start conversations using icebreaker questions.