How do I search all Stored Procedures for text in SQL Server?
To find stored procedures name which contain search text, write this query and execute.
- SELECT OBJECT_NAME(id)
- FROM SYSCOMMENTS.
- WHERE [text] LIKE ‘%type here your text%’
- AND OBJECTPROPERTY(id, ‘IsProcedure’) = 1.
- GROUP BY OBJECT_NAME(id)
How do I search for a stored procedure in SQL?
In the Object Explorer in SQL Server Management Studio, go to the database and expand it. Expand the Programmability folder. Right Click the Stored Procedures folder. From the right-click menu, select Filter in the right-click menu.
How do I search for text in SQL Agent?
How to search SQL Server Agent Command Text for a string
- SELECT s.step_id as ‘Step ID’ ,
- j.[ name ] as ‘SQL Agent Job Name’ ,
- s.database_name as ‘DB Name’ ,
- s.command as ‘Command’
- FROM msdb.dbo.sysjobsteps AS s.
- INNER JOIN msdb.dbo.sysjobs AS j ON s.job_id = j.job_id.
- WHERE s.command LIKE ‘%mystring%’
How do I find a job in SQL?
To view job activity
- In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine, and then expand that instance.
- Expand SQL Server Agent.
- Right-click Job Activity Monitor and click View Job Activity.
- In the Job Activity Monitor, you can view details about each job that is defined for this server.
How do you find a work in SQL?
How to Search Text in Steps of SQL Server Agent Jobs
- Find SQL Server Agent Job if it is using some specific Stored procedure in Job Step Command.
- Search the SQL Server Agent Job Steps for specific script “Select Count(*) from dbo.Table”
- Search for Comments in the queries we have used in SQL Server Agent jobs Steps.
Which stored procedure is used?
SQL Server stored procedures are used to group one or more Transact-SQL statements into logical units. The stored procedure are stored as named objects in the SQL Server Database Server.
What is an example of stored procedure?
A stored procedure is a group of SQL statements that form a logical unit and perform a particular task, and they are used to encapsulate a set of operations or queries to execute on a database server. For example, operations on an employee database (hire, fire, promote, lookup) could be coded as stored procedures executed by application code.
How stored procedures are executed?
There are two different ways to execute a stored procedure. The first and most common approach is for an application or user to call the procedure. The second approach is to set the procedure to run automatically when an instance of SQL Server starts.
How do I create a stored procedure in SQL Server?
To create a stored procedure in SQL Server: Click New Query on the SSMS toolbar. Type (or paste) a CREATE PROCEDURE statement (example below) Click the Execute button on the toolbar.