What are the safety precautions in excavation work?
03. Safety Precaution while Excavation Work:
- Prepare firm and broad approach road.
- The nail should not be lying around, after the completion of layout work.
- Barricade the site to restrict the entry of animal and the unauthorised person on site.
- Ensure that workers are wearing personal protective equipment.
What are the rules of excavation?
OSHA requires employers to provide ladders, steps, ramps, or other safe means of egress for workers working in trench excavations 4 feet (1.22 meters) or deeper. The means of egress must be located so as not to require workers to travel more than 25 feet (7.62 meters) laterally within the trench.
What is the safety code of excavation?
4.13 No excavation or earthwork below the level of any foundation of building or structure shall be commenced or continued unless adequate steps are taken to prevent danger to any person employed, from collapse of the structure or fall of any part thereof.
How do you protect deep excavation?
Those methods are sloping, benching, and shoring or shielding. Sloping: Sloping is a viable option as a protective system. Sloping is often the most cost-effective way to protect employees from potential trenching and excavation hazards.
What are two safety concerns regarding excavation work?
Top 5 excavation safety hazards
- Cave-ins. Trench collapses kill an average of two workers every month, making this a serious threat to worker safety.
- Falls and falling loads. Workers and work equipment can fall into an excavated area.
- Hazardous atmospheres.
- Mobile equipment.
- Hitting utility lines.
What are the types of excavation?
Types of Excavation
- Earth excavation is removal of the layer of soil immediately under the topsoil and on top of rock.
- Muck excavation is removal of material that contains an excessive amount of water and undesirable soil.
- Unclassified excavation is removal of any combination of topsoil, earth, rock, and muck.
What are some dangers of excavation?
What is an acceptable excavation support method?
Generally a sloped open cut excavation is the most cost and schedule effective method of trenching. When the trench is very deep and/or expensive backfill materials are required, then a vertical cut at the toe of the slope supported by shoring may be effective.
What are three types of excavation?
What are some items on an OSHA safety checklist?
Safety and OSHA Inspection Checklists Workplace Checklist. The following is an example of what a portion of a workplace OSHA checklist could look like for a flammable storage area. INSPECTION REPORT FOR FLAMMABLE STORAGE AREA Regulations and Record Keeping Standards. Below are two lists. Work Areas Record Keeping.
How to comply with OSHA guidelines?
OSHA Requirements That Apply to Most General Industry Employers
What are OSHA safety procedures?
OSHA Safety Procedures For Universal Precautions . Employees must follow proper OSHA safety procedures when there is potential for coming in contact with this hazard. For those responsible for cleaning and disposing of potential sources of contamination, though, avoidance is not an option; these employees must be trained to use universal precautions.
Are Safety Committees required by OSHA?
Safety Committees Are Not Required By Osha. Introduction Safety committees are not required by OSHA at the federal level. However, many state OSHA agencies either require or recommend that businesses form, support, promote, and continually improve safety committees.