The purpose of homework includes a whole list of properties and tasks. English homework includes each feature. English is one of the most relevant school subjects not only in English-speaking countries, but throughout the world, so it is very important to know how to not only effectively learn a world language, but also to get the best marks on it. Homework is not only a way to test your knowledge of teachers, but also the consolidation of the material obtained in the classroom, so it is very important to have time to fulfil all that you have to.
It is necessary to understand that lessons alone are not enough to perfectly master the English language. Especially for foreigners. Each language studied requires diligence and initiative, so it is so important to do homework.
How to start doing any homework?
Make sure you have written down your homework correctly. Do not hesitate to ask the teacher about the page number on the lesson, if you have not heard. Write down the date when you need to pass the work, as well as the number of words that are needed. Make notes necessary to complete the task. Be smarter. If you do not really understand what needs to be done and how to do it, contact your teacher after the lesson. Also, once again, do not be ashamed to seek help from classmates and even parents. It is better to burden a specific person once with a number of questions and do your homework correctly than after receiving an unsatisfactory rating.
English homework algorithm
If you decide to do your English homework, I advise you to stick to the following algorithm of actions:
- Make sure you have everything to do your English homework: a notebook, a pen, a textbook. For foreigners, it would be useful to use a dictionary, since it is worth not to ignore unknown words, but to translate and write down in order to memorize and replenish vocabulary.
- Eliminate distractions. It is recommended that you turn off your mobile phone while doing homework, as the flow of messages excludes the possibility of concentrating on the task. In this case, music can act as a positive distraction – sometimes it contributes to efficiency.
- Get to work in a productive state. It is very difficult to do the job if you are insanely tired after the workday. Allow yourself a relaxation and “little joy”. Chat with your loved ones for a cup of tea, take a walk in the park or read a book. By the way, reading books develops not only oratorical skills but also replenishes vocabulary. Everyone knows its magical intellectual properties. And reading a book in a foreign language (if you are learning English as a foreign language) is an excellent practice.
- Create a schedule. Give each task as much time as you really need. Set aside for the performance of each type of work a certain time period in order to be able to do absolutely everything.
Important points for more efficient work
It is important for everyone to do their homework as quickly and as efficiently as possible, so you can use the following tips for learning the language as quickly as possible by foreigners and native speakers.
- Avoid doing homework on the bed. Sit at a desk or table where you can set up a computer and at which it is convenient to work. Use this mental power on tasks that are the most difficult. Later, when you are more tired, you can focus on simpler things.
- As mentioned earlier, read more books. This lesson not only builds your speaking skills but also adds to your vocabulary. It is doubly useful to read books in English to foreigners. Therefore, it will be easier for you to do your homework.
- Do not be afraid to ask for help with English homework. If you do not understand something and are having difficulty, consult with your teachers, classmates and tutors.
- Write new and interesting words for you.