Is emphasized correct?
Is it emphasise or emphasize? Emphasise and emphasize are two spelling variants of a verb that means to highlight the importance of something. Historically, emphasise was standard in British English, but today, emphasize is more common in both British and American English.
What does Emphasising something mean?
: to give special attention to (something) : to place emphasis on (something) See the full definition for emphasize in the English Language Learners Dictionary. emphasize. verb. em·pha·size | \ ˈem-fə-ˌsīz \
Is it emphasize on or emphasize?
You can place emphasis on something, or you can emphasize it, but you can’t emphasize on it or stress on it, though you can place stress on it.
What is the full meaning of emphasize?
verb (used with object), em·pha·sized, em·pha·siz·ing. to give emphasis to; lay stress upon; stress: to emphasize a point; to emphasize the eyes with mascara.
How do you emphasize the importance of something?
- essentially. adverb. used for emphasizing what is the most important aspect of something or fact about something.
- importantly. adverb.
- basically. adverb.
- first. adverb.
- basically. adverb.
- the fact (of the matter) is. phrase.
- first and foremost. phrase.
- at the end of the day. phrase.
What does emphasize an image mean?
in BRIT, also use emphasise To emphasize something means to indicate that it is particularly important or true, or to draw special attention to it. verb.
How do you use emphasize?
Emphasize sentence example
- To emphasize his words, he lifted her hand and placed it over his heart.
- He spoke louder to emphasize his next point in the speech.
- The chroniclers emphasize the fact that this king was not of royal descent.
- Try to emphasize your main idea so that readers will always know what your opinion is.
What does it mean to emphasize a point?
to give emphasis to; lay stress upon; stress: to emphasize a point; to emphasize the eyes with mascara.
What does it mean to emphasize an image on iPhone?
Yes. So iPhones have a feature to do different things to message bubbles within. For example, we can put a thumbs up, thumbs down, or in your case an exclamation mark that “emphasizes” the message. It is possible to do it with regular non iMessage texts, but will show up how it did on your phone. 5.