What word can I use instead of understand?
What is another word for understand?
What does it mean when you leave someone speechless?
The statement “leave me/one speechless” means to shock someone, or surprise someone to the point that they have nothing to say. It could be both a bad and a good message, but it relies heavily on the in context. Also use in place of awe, or overwhelmed.
How do you thank someone for a surprise?
Thank you for all the planning and thought that went into creating a beautiful memory for me. I appreciate you so much. #11 I just want to say that I’ve never felt more cherished and loved than I did yesterday, and that’s all thanks to you. Thank you so much for having a surprise party for me.
What can I say instead of after that?
What is another word for after that?
How do you say I didn’t understand?
Longer formal sentences
- Sorry, I’m afraid I don’t follow you.
- Excuse me, could you repeat the question?
- I’m sorry, I don’t understand. Could you say it again?
- I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that. Would you mind speaking more slowly?
- I’m confused. Could you tell me again?
- I’m sorry, I didn’t understand.
- I didn’t hear you.
How do you express confusion in English?
How to express confusion in English?
- Use phrases to say you didn’t understand. Sorry, I didn’t catch that.
- Use phrases to convey why you didn’t understand. While every person has flaws in English, it is not possible for everyone to understand all the others.
- Ask someone to repeat themselves.
- Apologize for the confusion.
- Words to say that you understand.
What can I say instead of I know this because?
i know this because synonym, i know this because definition | Thesaurus
- apprehend, comprehend, experience, fathom, feel certain, ken (Scot.)
- associate with, be acquainted with, be familiar with, fraternize with, have dealings with, have knowledge of, recognize.
What makes someone speechless?
speechless Add to list Share. If you’re speechless, you can’t talk, usually because something surprising and crazy happened. You might be rendered speechless if you win the lottery or find a whale on your front lawn. When you’re speechless, you’re at a loss for words.
How do you say I’m speechless?
10 different ways to say you’re speechless
- Befuddled. If you’re befuddled, you’re just clueless.
- Discombobulated. You’ve totally fallen apart.
- Disconcerted. This is sort of like being thrown off your mark.
- Dumbfounded. You are completely stuck.
- Dumbstruck. The word dumbstruck is merely a variant of dumbfounded.
What is mean of speechless?
unable to speak
What can I say instead of good questions?
Say, “Thank You” or “Yes” or “OK.” This shows that you have heard, understood and are in agreement with the need to answer. Sometimes you will need to rephrase the question back to the questioner to ensure that everyone in the audience understood or heard the question asked.
What is a synonym for good understanding?
other words for good understanding consensus. pact. rapport. agreement. arrangement.
Is speechless a compliment?
adjective. temporarily deprived of speech by strong emotion, physical weakness, exhaustion, etc.: speechless with alarm. characterized by absence or loss of speech: speechless joy. not expressed in speech or words: speechless compliments.
What is a slang word for understand?
capeesh – capisce – capish – catch – catch on – crystal – dig – get – get it through (one’s) head – insituate – overstand – suss.
Is saying sure rude?
“Sure” if said politely is an affirmative alternative to saying “yes”. To be polite it’s always good to say “Sure, I would like to …” or “Sure, that would be nice…” Which is still dependent on how you say these words. If you say them sarcastically then it would be rude.
How do you say no professionally?
Here are 10 ways for you to say ‘NO’ in a polite manner:
- I’m honoured but I can’t.
- I wish there were two of me.
- Sorry, I’m booked into something else right now.
- Sadly, I have something else.
- No, thank you but it sounds lovely, so next time.
- I’m not taking anything else right now.
How do you say I know professionally?
Ways of saying that you know, understand or agree – thesaurus
- of course. adverb. used when you have just realized something.
- OK. interjection.
- all right. interjection.
- fair enough. phrase.
- I know. phrase.
- if you like. phrase.
- I see. phrase.
- I know what you mean. phrase.
What does it mean when a girl says she’s speechless?
“Speechless” can be taken two different ways. She’s either speechless because she also has feelings for you and is blown away that you 2 are already in synch. If you have heard a girl say this before, let her know you have heard this before and it makes you feel (insert your feelings about how you genuinely feel).
How do you say I’m not sure in polite way?
Ways of saying you are not sure – thesaurus
- perhaps. adverb. used for saying that you are not certain about something, or that something may or may not be true.
- maybe. adverb.
- presumably. adverb.
- reportedly. adverb.
- rumour/word/legend has it that. phrase.
- it/that depends. phrase.
- not that I’m aware of. phrase.
- I dare say. phrase.
Is speechless positive or negative?
The positive or negative depends upon what made you speechless. When they came to arrest him for murder, he was speechless. When they came to award him the Nobel prize, he was speechless. So the state of being speechless is identical.
What is another word for speechless?
Speechless Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus….What is another word for speechless?
What is another way to say I understand?
Fair enough / I see where you’re coming from / I take your point / That makes sense. These are all polite ways to show that you understand and respect someone’s opinion, without having to say if you agree with them. Of course / Absolutely.
How do you say you are confused in an email?
How do you write your clarification emails?
- Thank the person for the information. Thanks for the information on the conference.
- Clarify what you don’t understand/still need. I’m afraid I don’t understand what you mean by ABC.
- Reference the next step politely. I am looking forward to receiving the updated information today.
What are synonyms for Shocked?
How do you respond to surprise?
I am so excited!” #3) “This is such a nice surprise, thanks so much for this.” #4) “Unbelievable, I never expected it.” #5) “Wow, this is great, I appreciate this.”