Which Greek island is least touristy?
- NAXOS. Here on the greenest island of The Cyclades, with its fertile valleys and high mountains, you can combine both a relaxed and adventurous holiday.
Where in Greece is not touristy?
Non-Touristy Experiences in Greece
- Pyrgi, Chios.
- Fossilised Palm-Tree Forest, Lakonia.
- Acheron River in Parga, Epirus.
- Drakolimni, Epirus.
- Diros Caves, Mani.
- Stone Forest, Epirus.
- Melissani, Kefalonia.
- Prespa Lakes, Makedonia.
What is the quietest Greek island for a holiday?
Which Are the Quietest Greek Islands for Escaping the Crowds?
- IKARIA. Number one on this list is the island of Ikaria in the Aegean Sea – the island that time forgot.
What is the cheapest Greek island to visit?
Cheap Greek Islands to Visit
Which Greek island has nicest beaches?
The Greek islands with the best beaches are Crete, Naxos, Paros, Ios, Milos, Mykonos, and Rhodes. But almost every island has at least a few great beaches. The best beach in Greece is Elafonissi Beach on Crete….The Best Beaches in Greece.
Is Rhodes or Crete bigger?
After the third and fourth largest Greek Islands, Lesbos and Rhodes, the rest of the islands are two-thirds of the area of Rhodes, or smaller….Islands of Greece by size.
|Area (sq. miles)||3,219|
What is the nicest Greek island to visit?
The 5 Best Greek Islands
- Santorini. My favorite island in Greece is Santorini.
- Mykonos. The best nightlife and clubbing in Greece is found on Mykonos.
- Crete. The largest Greek island and rich with beaches, historical sites, hikes, traditional villages, small cities, and great tours.
Which is the most unspoilt island in Greece?
The alternative vibes continue on Skyros, which is equally unspoilt and hard to reach – although closer to Athens. Technically belonging to the Sporades group of islands, Skyros sits out in the Aegean Sea pretty much on its own and has few ferry connections with neighbouring islands.
Are there any quiet islands in the Greek islands?
Luckily, with hundreds of islands to choose from, there are plenty of hidden gems in the Greek islands where you can find your own piece of paradise. Quiet doesn’t necessarily mean small. Some of the quietest island destinations in Greece are also some of the largest.
How many inhabited islands are there in Greece?
Even on popular islands blessed with great beaches, summer tourism tends to be focused in a few places, leaving the rest of the island undeveloped and ripe for exploration. But there are over 200 inhabited islands in Greece, so you’ll still find large islands with fascinating histories that haven’t been spoilt by mass tourism.
Which is the fifth largest island in Greece?
Another undiscovered gem in the Aegean is the island of Chios. It’s the fifth largest island in Greece, and tourists only tend to visit one part (the beautiful mastic villages) so you’ll have most of the island to yourself if you’re happy to rent some wheels.