What are the best jobs for a 17 year old?
20 of the best jobs for teens
- Fast food attendant. National average salary: $9.29 per hour.
- Car wash attendant. National average salary: $10.17 per hour.
- Kennel assistant. National average salary: $10.54 per hour.
- Grocery store cashier.
- Daycare assistant.
- Concession stand worker.
- Restaurant server.
- Restaurant host/hostess.
What are some good jobs for highschool students?
Here is our list of the best jobs for high school students:
- Retail Associate. A retail associate works at a local shop and helps customers with questions, carrying assistance, advice, and product location, among other duties.
- Fast Food Employee.
- Yard Worker.
- Dog Walker.
- Farmhand / Farm Worker.
How can I get a job fast at 17?
Increase your chances of getting hired as a teen by putting your best foot forward and showing employers that you’re responsible.
- Spread the Word Your’e Looking.
- Check Out Youth Labor Laws.
- Start Searching Job Ads.
- Get Help With Applications.
- Follow Up After Applying.
- Practice Job Interviewing.
Can you work at Home Depot at 17?
You must be at least 18 year olds to work at Home Depot. Visit the Career Center kiosk in The Home Depot store near you, or select In-store Hourly or Distribution Center Hourly in the Career Search section.
Should I get a job at 17?
Originally Answered: Should a 17-year-old have a job? Yes, indeed it’s good to start younger though like 16 or 15 if you can help it. A job is a wonderful learning opportunity for those who haven’t grown up, to get them ready for life, they should learn how to interact with others on a business professional scale.
How old do u have to be to work at Target?
16 years old
To apply for hourly positions at Target stores and our Distribution Centers: You must be at least 16 years old to apply for a Target store job. You must be at least 18 years old to apply for a Target Distribution Center job. You must be able to provide proof of legal aurthorization to work in the United States.
Are there any summer jobs for 17 year olds?
This means that you will be doing a lot of activities that you find interesting. Camp counselor positions are one of the top summer jobs for 17 year olds, but don’t let that discourage you from applying all year round. Many schools and organizations offer day and after school camps outside of summer.
Where can I work as a high school student?
1. Applebee’s (16 for some positions) Applebee’s is a national restaurant chain with over 1,300 locations. Since they do serve alcohol, many job positions there are reserved for high school students who are at least 18 years of age.
How many hours can a 17 year old work?
Some states limit 17 year olds to no more than 10 hours of work per day. There are no federal labor laws restricting how long 17 year olds can work, all restrictions are set by state laws. FSLA prohibits work around some specialized machinery and jobs that require more training, such as roofing or working with metal.
How old do you have to be to get a job?
More… Must be 16 years or older. NOW HIRING Hard Working, Friendly, Honest Crew Members that have Great Customer Skills. Keep work area clean, organized and stocked. More… Must be 16 years of age or older. Perfect for High School and College students as a summer or year-round job.