How do I fix Windows explorer keep restarting?
It seems that this was OneDrive related bug.
- You need to login to the user which has explorer.exe crashing.
- Ctrl-alt-del -> Task Manager -> Run new task.
- Type: regedit.
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\
- Rename BannerStore key to BannerStore_bak.
How do I fix Windows explorer not responding?
Fix: Windows Explorer not responding
- Method 1: Automatically restart the Windows Explorer in the Task Manager.
- Method 2: Manually restart the Windows Explorer with the Command Prompt.
- Method 3: Restart the explorer.exe process with a batch file.
- Method 4: Clear the File Explorer history.
What causes Windows Explorer to restart?
When File Explorer keeps crashing, missing or corrupt files are among the most common causes. To check for (and repair) any missing or corrupt system files, you can run the System File Checker tool (SFC) using the Windows PowerShell. The SFC tool will take some time to scan your PC for file errors.
How can I restore Windows Explorer?
Just press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager. Click the File menu and then choose “Run new task” in Windows 8 or 10 (or “Create new task” in Windows 7). Type “explorer.exe” into the run box and hit “OK” to relaunch Windows Explorer.
How do you reset Windows Explorer?
Why does Windows Explorer keep crashing Windows 7?
Windows 7 users might experience some issues regarding File Explorer frequently crashing. For example, you installed a recent update for your Windows operating system. If the update has incompatibility issues with your system, then it will cause your File Explorer to crash.
Why is Windows Explorer not working?
You may be using an outdated or corrupted video driver. System files on your PC may be corrupt or mismatched with other files. You may have a Virus or Malware infection on your PC. Some applications or services running on your PC may be causing Windows Explorer to stop working.
What causes Windows Explorer to stop working?