How do I change my last name in Harris County?
You can file in person or e-file online. To e-file online, follow the instructions included with the Automated Online Interview for Adult Name Change (https://selfhelp.efiletexas.gov/SRL/SRL/) . You will e-file your Petition and, if applicable, a Statement of Inability to Afford Payment of Court Costs.
How do I change my last name in Houston Texas?
Court Name-Change Procedures
- Obtain a Copy of Your Fingerprints and a Background Check.
- Complete the Form Original Petition for Change of Name of an Adult.
- Complete the Form Order Granting Change of Name of an Adult.
- File the Petition.
- Attend the Court Hearing.
- File the Order.
How much is it to change your last name in Houston TX?
File the Request Change of Name form and pay the $217 filing fee. You will need to show proof of residence and identification while doing so. Wait for the name change certificate from the court that your application was accepted. This may take up to six months, depending on the courthouse.
How do I change my child’s name in Harris County?
- Step 1: Fill out your court forms. Fill out these forms:
- Step 2: Make copies.
- Step 3: File your forms with the court.
- Step 4: Go to court to finish your case.
- Step 5: File the signed Order with the clerk.
- Step 6: After your case is finished.
- Discovery Level.
- Petitioner and Co-Petitioner (The Child’s Parents)
How much does it cost to change your name in Harris County?
The filing fee is $262 as at the time of publication, and is due at the time of filing. Upon filing, you are given a receipt for your records, a copy of the petition, an ORI number and a time to appear in court to finalize your name change.
How much does it cost to change your name in Harris county?
How hard is it to change your last name?
Although it may be seem daunting to show up at court or fill out legal paperwork, you don’t need to hire a lawyer to change your name. Filling out a Petition for Name Change can be fairly straightforward. But if you do feel overwhelmed by navigating the name change process yourself, consider outside help.