Is December a good time to visit Hokkaido?
Although I am not the biggest fan of skiing, if you are or want to try, Hokkaido is the Winter spot to visit in Japan. People who love winter most must go at least once – December to February is especially good!
What is there to do in Sapporo at Christmas?
10 Best Things to Do in Sapporo in Winter
- Snow sculptures of Sapporo Snow Festival.
- Skiing at Sapporo Teine.
- Sapporo snow festival at Odori Site.
- Jozankei Onsen in the winter.
- Night view of Sapporo City from Mt.
- Sapporo White Illumination.
- Sapporo Ramen!
- Tanukikoji Shopping Arcade in Sapporo.
Which month is the best month to visit Hokkaido?
For those looking for outdoor adventures, the summer may be the best time to visit Hokkaido. Long sunny days and cool nights give ample time to enjoy every day. July is famous for the blooming of myriads of flowers, and August is the best time to get out and enjoy all of Hokkaido’s lush scenery and the outdoors.
How many days in Sapporo is enough?
Although it might seem like a lot, give yourself at least 4 days in Sapporo. The journey to Hokkaido is often a long one, so you’ll want to unwind a bit and not push yourself too much. Besides, there’s plenty to keep you busy in Sapporo in that time, both in and out of town.
What food is Hokkaido famous for?
5 Famous Foods You’ll Find in Hokkaido
- Jingisukan (Lamb BBQ) Jingisukan comes with a distinctive smell that puzzles many who have never sampled lamb before.
- Soup Curry. Photo by: nobuhacchi Curry-licious.
- Seafood. Fresh crab at Nijo Market in Sapporo.
- Hokkaido Dairy and Ramen. Butter, butter, baby.
- Yubari King Melon.
Does Sapporo have snow?
Even in downtown Sapporo, you may find around 70-80cm of snow accumulating. There’s even more snow in the mountain areas. The locals say that during winter, it snows somewhere in Hokkaido every day. But in some cities, such as Sapporo and Asahikawa, there are sunny days in winter without any snowfall.