Why Apache is not running in xampp in ubuntu?
The most possible reason why your Xampp server is not running is that you might have installed Xampp and apache2 simultaneously or MySQL server. So in order to work with Xampp server, you have to stop the Apache2 and MySQL.
How fix Xampp start Apache failed Ubuntu?
Open the file /opt/lampp/lampp Search for the port “testport 80” and replace it to “testport 2145”. 5. Now go and run /opt/lampp/lampp start. (It should work now)….When it opens, run the command(s) below:
- d/apache2 stop.
- d/mysql stop.
- d/proftpd stop.
- sudo /opt/lampp/lampp start.
How do I enable Apache on Ubuntu?
Debian/Ubuntu Linux Specific Commands to Start/Stop/Restart Apache
- Restart Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart. $ sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart.
- To stop Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 stop.
- To start Apache 2 web server, enter: # /etc/init.d/apache2 start.
How do I start Xampp on Ubuntu?
Create a Shortcut to Start XAMPP in Ubuntu
- Right-click on the Ubuntu desktop and select “Create Launcher.”
- Select “Application in Terminal” for the Type.
- Enter “Start XAMPP” for the Name (or enter whatever you want to call your shortcut).
- Enter “ sudo /opt/lampp/lampp start ” into the Command field.
- Click OK.
Why is my Apache not working?
The most common cause for the XAMPP Apache server not starting issue is because the default port no 80 may already be in use by another program like Skype, Teamviewer etc. 3:07:07 PM [Apache] Port 80 in use by “Unable to open process” with PID 4!
What is the command to install Apache on Ubuntu?
How to Install Apache on Ubuntu
- Step 1: Install Apache. To install the Apache package on Ubuntu, use the command: sudo apt-get install apache2.
- Step 2: Verify Apache Installation. To verify Apache was installed correctly, open a web browser and type in the address bar: http://local.server.ip.
- Step 3: Configure Your Firewall.
How do I know if Apache is running on Ubuntu?
Apache HTTP web server
- For Ubuntu: # service apache2 status.
- For CentOS: # /etc/init.d/httpd status.
- For Ubuntu: # service apache2 restart.
- For CentOS: # /etc/init.d/httpd restart.
- You can use mysqladmin command to find out whether mysql is running or not.